Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh Oh Oooh Oh Oh OOHHH!

I think it's only right that I start the blog off with a Killers music video:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj_cmZ7Ac3Y



It's their new video, "Spaceman", directed by . He's somewhat of a new comer in the video world, only having directed a few videos for other bands such as MGMT. He also premiered his student thesis film, "Death to the Tinman" at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007.

Thoughts?

When I first saw it, I was so excited that a new video was out. When it was over, I had mixed feelings. I thought the band could have been in it more...and that I really had no idea what the hell was going on. But after a few min., I realized that that's what MOST Killers videos are about. They don't make videos based on the song (except "Mr. Brightside") because they don't want to make the song something it's not. They want their listeners to make the song their own, and have it's meaning be whatever they choose....even if the song really does sound like the man's being abducted by aliens...anyway...

After seeing it again...and again even, I have pretty much fallen in love with it. It's incredibly RANDOM, and who doesn't love that!? The thought that went into each character, and ever movement was obviously well planned out, and only by genius. Who else would think of something like that? I have much respect for people with talents and memorable imaginations.
I also feel the loneliness that Brandon's character is going through throughout the video. I mean, who would want to go through all of THAT?? In the dark...with strange...backward things walking around...even if it is a party.

So, I say 3.5 out of 5 stars. I've seen better ("All These Things..." and "When You Were Young" are hard acts to follow), but there's something about that 2nd or 3rd screening that makes you want to dance in space...

No comments: