Friday, February 20, 2009

Brit Awards 2009

The Brit Awards were Wednesday night, and I must say...why is the US slacking in the music department?? That's a whole nother post, I guess!

Anyway, here are your winners:

Duffy (biggest winner of the night!)- Best Album, Best British Female, Best British Breakthrough

Elbow- Best British Group

Iron Maiden- Best Live Group

Kanye West- Best International Male

Katy Perry- Best International Female

Kings Of Leon- Best International Group, Best International Album

Coldplay, nominated for 4 awards, went home with zipppppoooo, and my loves, The Killers, also went home empty handed. But I've learned to take award shows lightly. Whatev. Kings of Leon do rock my socks though.

And even though he didn't win anything, Brandon Flowers DID introduce the Outstanding Contribution to Music award to Pet Shop Boys where he later joined them for a medley along with good 'ol fashiontastic Lady GaGa:






After the awards, The Killers, Coldplay, Bono, and Gary Barlow got together to do a gig for War Child.
Epic. All. These. Things. That. I've. Done.
Freaking Bono...WTF, mate??? Otherwise, AMAZING!





Yes?

mmmk.

No comments: