Friday, June 19, 2009

The Ocean Breathes Salty Won't You Carry It In

Just a small music newssss update.
Ya know, cause that's what I made this freakin thing for.

First off, Lolla, for me, is getting farther away. My chances of getting a 3 day pass are minimal...so I may have to settle for the one day. So what day do I choose? It's clear. Aside from Kings of Leon and The Beastie Boys...Sunday looks like THE day to be at Grant Park.

Sunday:
Kasier Chiefs
Lou Reed
Vampire Weekend
Airborn Toxic Event
Bat for Lashes
Silversun Pickups
Cold War Kids

and to close it all, Jane's Addiction vs. The Killers. And I think we all know what stage I would be front and center for.

Oh yeah...and Snoop Dogg...

So let's hope to get Chelsie to Grant Park on Aug. 9th, yes?

If no (and maybe "as well as"), the Modest Mouse has announced their US tour! Their new 7" is due out this Saturday, which means new album soon. Until that time, I may very well be seeing a (Johnny Marr-less) Modest Mouse on Aug. 24th in Columbus, OH...at the same outside venue where we saw The Killers...at least it won't be Cinco de Mayo.

Speaking of festivals, there was a dead body found at Bonnaroo clean up...

Oh, and no more Hookie. New Order = Hookieless.

Okay, that's my update!

No comments: