Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Out Where The Dreams Are High

I have been SLACKING!
But now with Twitter, and of course through Facebook, my updates are still going. But it's always nice to have the blog.
I still have to review The Killers concert from May, but for now..."A Dustland Fairytale".



Thoughts?

I agree with The Killers when they say they don't like to talk much about the meaing of their songs, which is the reason most of their videos lack a story line. I have my own views of what the song means to me, and even invision the songs (who doesn't?). But when I saw this videa, knowing about the story line, I thought it just fit. It isn't exactly what I had in my own head, for sure, but something about it works out.
It has sort of a "When You Were Young" feel to it, with a beginning and and ending about relationships, love, hurt, suprise, just raw emotion. But there are obvious differences. The director put the song onto film beautifully, and each time I watch it, I get it even more.
However, I would have to say the live version is always best. Seeing it twice myself was out of this world. But for anyone who hasn't seen, the live version on David Letterman sum it up. It is impossible not to be moved by it...



Regardless of which one you watch, you won't be disappointed!

Now get me a damn tissue

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh so many thoughts....a heartbreakingly brilliant song that was a surprising highlight of their V Fest performance here in April. The Letterman performance is dynamic, dangerous and stunning. The video is a brilliant piece of storytelling that evokes the best fo romeo and juliet vs the outsiders. need i say more? sure - apparently it is a love song to dave's mum who died and brandon's mum who is unwell. when i say love song i mean a grief stricken poem to the pain of loss. omg now i'm getting upset. it rocks, they rock, amen.