Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Is There Still Magic In The Midnight Sun?

So I did not win the contest...which was lame...but congrats to Jonathan, and thank you for the great footage!

Speaking of, one of the places Jonathan went to see The Killers was Coachella. Mmm how I would have loved me some of that musical greatness. But, I have Youtube...right? Sure. Here is by far the best performance during the whole weekend:



Apparently A Dustland Fairytale is supposed to be the next single in the U.S...though CA has been playing This Is Your Life on the radio. Either way they can't loose. Both songs are strong lyrically and musically (well, hello!) so people will be turned on fo sho.

The Killers also made an appearance on Jay Leno tonight. For being a lame show (very...womanly...), The Killers made it great. I can't tell you how much they have omproved and how much more confident they sounds compared to late last year. They truly rock, and I really don't think I can stress this enough, people.
----------------------

Nuff of TK, already, okay okay...

Aside from THEM, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Cure, Paul McCartney, Franz Ferdinand and My Bloody Valentine all rocked it up in CA this weekend. This is a great time for music, isn't it? I think in times like these, music can really pull people together. You can forget about life for a while with other peoples lyrics and instruments. No matter where you are; in a dark arena or outdoors watching the sunset, music will get to you, and in such an amazing way. I don't think there is much that can touch the feeling and emotions that run through the way that a good song does.

....ahh....love it.

Okay, short but sweet. AND a hint of why music moves me...I mean really, I can't stand still here.

No comments: