Monday, April 19, 2010

Padre's Playlist

So my dad has been my biggest music influence. He introduced me to The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, of course.

But I ALSO thank him for introducing me to Peter Gabriel, The Talking Heads, Psychedelic Furs, John Hiatt, David Bowie, etc...

Because of his influence, I have decided to make him playlists of new (with a few recent classics in there) to keep him with the times; a sort of "return the favor" kind of thing. I make these about once every couple of months, and I must say they have quite an affect. For instance, he is dying to see The Killers live (this coming from a man who has seen The Who, Peter Gabriel, Jethro Tull, etc. live), and thinks Knights of Cydonia live is one colossal piece of musical bliss. So here I continue my brainwashing...and I also bring it to you.

I'm sure most of you have heard of these, but if not, I highly recommend having a listen. (May I also say that I took the time to put these in just the right order. It's a must.)


Padre's Playlist 4.19.10
1. The Nerve -MUTEMATH
2. Tourist -Julian Casablancas
3. 1901 -Phoenix
4. The '59 Sound -The Gaslight Anthem
5. Last Night -The Strokes
6. Invincible (H.A.A.R.P) -MUSE
7. Dream City -Free Energy
8. Now We Can See -The Thermals
9. Great DJ -The Ting Tings
10. I Predict A Riot -Kaiser Chiefs
11. Oscar Wilde -Company of Thieves
12. Armistice -MUTEMATH
13. U.R.A. Fever -The Kills
14. Transmission -Joy Division
15. Hope Child -Free Energy
16. You Have My Eyes Now -Clues
17. Brave Man's Death -J-Roddy Walston and The Business


There you have it. If you have yet to hear some of these tunes, DO, and let me know what you think!

Okay, enjoy.

2 comments:

Audio Zealot said...

Nice list! My dad is also one of my big music influences. Yay for padres passing on their musical loves! Couple of bands on here I am not familiar with, so I look forward to checking them out- thanks!

-AZ

SweetTalkChels said...

Dad;s are great for music!
I know you left this comment a while ago (I have been slacking, again), but let me know what you think!